Friday, June 10, 2011

A not too shabby day

Today, I made a few discoveries about what the perfect day might consist of:
1) I was allowed to leave the hospital early (by 12:30pm!) on a Friday afternoon
2) I caught both buses en route to home pretty much right away
3) The afternoon was so hot and sunny that I stopped by the market and paid less than $1 for a coconut.  After drinking the coconut water the vendor chopped a little piece of husk off for me to use as a spoon, dig the coconut pulp out and eat.
4) About to embark on a 30 minute walk along the airport runway to get home and change out of work clothes, a woman pulled up, asked if I wanted a lift and dropped me right where I wanted to be since she couldn't stand the thought of me walking such a distance in that heat
5) Arriving home, I spent a few minutes lounging in the backyard tanning
6) After tanning I decided to walk the 5 minutes to a gorgeous white sand beach and swim in clear Caribbean waters
7) After my swim I arrived home to supper being cooked for me - fresh fish and desert was a flourless chocolate cake
8) Now, as I type this blog post a warm breeze is blowing through the windows and the lights of Castries glimmer across the water
9) I felt thirsty and quenched my thirst with a local mango
10) Soon, I will venture to a nearby town for a fish fry street festival

Certainly, there is room for improvement in the above list - and much more could be added. As Fridays go, this one was pretty f'ing awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment